Calorie restriction works for fat loss. It works well by restricting calories and making a cascade of changes in metabolism causing the body to burn fats for energy and if this is sustained over a period of time, you will see significant results.
However, if you get off the caloric deficit diet and start consuming excess calories again chances of regaining weight are high.
CAN I LOSE WEIGHT BY EATING 1500 CALORIES A DAY WITH NO EXERCISE?
Consuming 1, 500 calories per day in your diet is considered to be a very low-calorie diet. which should be carefully put in place to ensure the dieters get sufficient and enough nutrients their bodies need to remain functioning optimally.
If well planned, it will lead to the desired weight loss without any exercise, it also helps in managing blood pressure, lower the risks of cancer and improve cholesterol levels.
One is expected to consume about 1, 800 to 2,400 calories in a day for women who are adults and 2,000 to 3,200 calories for adult men. Weight loss is attained due to a calorie deficit, this is simply done by reducing the intake of calories by 500 from the 2000 calories recommended per day.
Some of the foods one can consume on a 1,500 calorie plan diet include;
- Starchy and non-starchy vegetables like spinach, cauliflower, kale, broccoli, bell peppers, asparagus, potatoes, mushrooms, sweet potatoes, and tomatoes.
- Seasonal and fresh fruits like apples, melons, bananas, pears, grapes, and berries.
- Foods rich in proteins like tofu, eggs, chicken, turkey, and tempeh.
- Legumes like kidney beans, chickpeas, lentils, and black beans.
- Healthy fats like ghee, avocado, coconut oil, and olive oil.
- Dairy products like cheese, milk, cottage cheese, and probiotics like kefir and yogurt.
- Plant-based milk like coconut milk, cashew milk, and almond milk.
- Nuts and seeds like walnuts, macadamia nuts, almonds, pistachios, sunflower seeds, and sesame seeds.
- Beverages with zero calories like green tea, water, sugar-free tea, and coffee.
- Seasonings and spices like oregano, black pepper, apple cider vinegar, garlic, chili pepper, turmeric, garlic powder, salsa, and lemon juice.
It is vital that when on a 1500 calorie diet, make more effort on raising your proteins and fiber intake as foods rich in fiber and proteins increase the time you feel satisfied, hence reducing your overall calorie intake which leads to quicker weight loss.
WHAT IS CALORIE RESTRICTION
Calorie restriction is the reduction of calories you eat, to a point where daily total caloric expenditure, which includes the non-physical and physical activities is greater than the calories taken in. Lowering your calories intake by creating a caloric deficit, leads to weight reduction. This will take place regardless of the diet you are on.
BENEFITS OF CALORIE RESTRICTION
The benefits of calorie restriction include;
- Calorie restriction aids in mortality increment.
- Calorie restriction leads to improvement in insulin sensitivity.
High sensitivity in insulin means that there is low insulin needed for the job. If you have poor insulin sensitivity then it means that you need more insulin.
- Calorie restriction leads to improvement in weight loss.
Calorie restriction does not always refer to you consuming less food. If you expend more energy than usual by manual labor or adding exercises to your routine,you will still create a caloric deficit. This means that you are utilizing more energy without changing your usual diet.
CAN YOU LOSE WEIGHT JUST BY RESTRICTING CALORIES?
Yes , you can lose weight by just restricting calories. When you restrict calories, the body is automatically triggered to burn fat for fuel reslting in weightloss. The weight loss journey takes a lot of time and requires consistency, it is therefore important for you to not concentrate only on getting the best diet but on how you will maintain consuming fewer calories.
It is important to add the important nutrients in your diet which have low levels of calories so that you can monitor what comes into the body . Add proteins to your diet since as you lose weight from the calorie deficit created, this will help prevent muscles loss.
Avoid a lot of carbs since most of them contain high levels of calories. if they are to be consumed, then they should be regulated well to avoid eating too much. Also, be ready to deal with cravings from missing certain foods.
It is important you include things like:
- Managing levels of stress without consuming anything. You will have an unending loop of losing and gaining weight if you utilize food to reduce stress levels. Those who are stress eaters need to find ways to control their emotions better. You can get a dog, interact with people socially, travel and enjoy all the hobbies you like to manage your stress level. All these are very efficient ways to reduce stress without using physical exercises.
- Engaging in occasional intermittent fasting to improve hunger tolerance. It is very important to learn and realize that hunger is not an emergency and that physical hunger is totally different from psychological hunger. Most people are afraid of feeling hungry.
- Eating mindfully without distractions. When you are eating, take your time and stay away from distractions like the TV, driving, or eating on the go since this will help you eat less since you will be listening to your body.
- Organize the home and kitchen environment to support your goals. Ensure you store food that will not trigger bad behaviors. This is because the food that is in your house is your possession and sooner or later you will consume it.
Related post: CAN YOU LOSE WEIGHT WITHOUT BEING IN A CALORIE DEFICIT?
A calorie restriction diet is simply just reducing the number of calories you take on a daily basis. This can be very simple as just skipping a meal, avoiding eating any meal after 6 pm, counting the calories your body needs, and eating slowly.
Most importantly, you should have the ability to stay on a calorie restriction for the long term to see the results. When you restrict calories, the body is automatically triggered to lose weight.
To lose weight, it is important you include things like managing levels of stress without consuming anything, engaging in occasional intermittent fasting to improve hunger tolerance, eating mindfully without distractions, and organizing the home and kitchen environment to support your goals.
Calories restriction has its own benefits and they include aiding in mortality increment, leading to improvement in insulin sensitivity, and weight loss. This plan is very important since when followed well, correctly, and consistently, it will definitely give good results in weight loss. However, if this plan is stopped and one goes back to their usual ways of eating, then one will regain the weight they have lost back.
You can definitely lose weight on a 1500 calorie deficit per day which is whereby one consumes calories 500 lower than the amount recommended on a daily basis.
Some of the foods recommended for use in this type of diet include starchy and non-starchy vegetables like spinach, cauliflower, kale, broccoli, seasonal and fresh fruits like apples, melons, bananas, pears grapes, and berries;
Foods rich in proteins like tofu, eggs, chicken, turkey, legumes like kidney beans, chickpeas, lentils,
Healthy fats like avocado, ghee, coconut oil, dairy products like cheese, milk, cottage cheese,
Probiotics like kefir, plant-based milk like coconut milk, cashew milk and almond milk, nuts and seeds like walnuts, macadamia nuts, almonds, pistachios, sunflower seeds
Beverages with zero calories like green tea, water, and seasonings and spices like oregano and black pepper.
Therefore, calorie restriction works for fat loss and it is the only way . It works well by restricting calories and making an increase of changes in metabolism causing the body to utilize energy from fats and if this is done overtime time, you will lose weight.
It is very important for one to be very patient when on this diet, follow the right procedures and monitor their body. If your body shows any positive changes then you can stick with the plan but if the diet is to be stopped, then a well-balanced diet should be followed so as not to regain the initial weight.